Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Most of the time when we are on the verge of letting go… whether it is a person, a place, a thing, or a memory… we often hold on to it tighter than before. We linger more to the familiarity of it being there with us. We walk and travel a bit slower, taking in each and every memory to be etched in our mind and in our hearts. We absorb the solemnity of the silence, loving each and every moment before saying goodbye. We tend to delay it each time, thinking it may not yet be the right time… But more often than not, the time you decided to let go and move on is the right time to stop holding on. Some say that holding on only prolongs the pain, it only injures more than to heal. But to me holding on only becomes painful when it is overdone, when it already constricts… It becomes destructive when the reason no longer exists.

Letting go entails much more conviction and determination. Deep in the recesses of our mind we all know when to let go. We are just scared of accepting that holding on is our only reason to escape letting go. I am no relationship doctor… I am currently in a limbo trying to dissect and understand my life right now. Like most people, letting go and moving on was never an easy task to me. It needs a lot of will power to stop hoping that it can still work. It is a hard and daunting task trying to erase the memory even if you still want to hold on and remember every feeling you have. All of us experience the out-of-body feeling of crying over someone, fuming mad over him finding someone new… crazy jealous of seeing that the right guy for you had finally found the right girl for him… Letting go has never been easy , but we have to move on and leave this moment that we find so much memory to ogle with.

As for me before I let go, I would like to say thank you for everything, it was a hell of a journey but whats important is that for a short period of time you made me be the happiest I can be. Goodbye.

No comments: